At Excessively, we offer a number of opportunities for Cannabis industry professionals and enthusiasts to share the benefit of their experience through contributed guest content on a number of topics including Cannabis news, legalization, history, law and more.
Contributors must be professionals working in the field that they are writing about, or in a closely related field.
Our audience appreciates highly actionable content which can be immediately applied to their own online marketing and business strategies. We are mainly looking for:
- News Hunters and Writers
- How-tos and step-by-step guides
- Case Studies
- Thought-leadership pieces about the future of the industry
- Regular Contributors are assigned to an ongoing column to appear at a regular interval (4 weeks is most typical, though we will consider other intervals). This type of columnist must commit to writing regularly on the same topic for six to 12 months and must meet deadlines consistently to maintain their assigned spot on the editorial calendar. We prioritize Regular Columnists when editing and seek to publish their pieces on the scheduled publication date. Contributors with a lesser commitment may not have as much visibility as to exactly when their piece will appear.
- Ad-Hoc Contributors must provide a minimum of three contributed pieces for standalone features and how-to articles over the course of 3-6 months. Contributors can irregularly submit ideas or already-written content when they have ideas they want to write about, or they can commit to a regular schedule for the duration of their relationship with us.
- Special Contributors may contribute on a one-off basis if they have a very unique perspective, can share proprietary research, or wish to comment on a particular important or timely topic. (CEOs and CMOs of well-known companies would qualify as having unique perspectives, provided their topic was relevant.)
- Full disclosure of agency / client / partner relationships is required at all times, and our editors reserve the right to remove self-promotional content and links, as well as make significant edits to content and headlines.
- All accepted contributors must agree to provide original content, with exclusive rights granted to Excessively.net
- If accepted as a contributor, you will receive writer guidelines and instructions to execute before any content is published on our site.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please fill out the following form and we’ll consider your application.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of contributor applications, you may not receive a response. All applications are kept on file and we may contact you in the future if we do not have an available slot for your contributions now.